Admission to The University of the Arts is rolling. We do not accept the Common Application.
• APPLICATION CHECKLIST:
o Available at uarts.edu/applynow.
o Application essay.
o Portfolio, Interview or Audition.
o One letter of recommendation.
o High School transcripts or GED (Average GPA 3.2).
o SAT or ACT scores (Average composite ACT score: 23. Average SAT Reading + Math: 1060).
o TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores (Required for all students whose first language is not English. International Students may also opt to enroll in the UArts ESLI Institute: uarts.edu/esli).
o College transcripts, including courses in progress.
Please send application material to:
Office of Admission
320 S. Broad St.
Philadelphia PA 19102
• TUITION: Full-time undergraduate tuition is $ 34,840/year (fall and spring semester).
• ROOM & BOARD: Room and board is available and ranges from $12,700 to $13,700/year. Housing is guaranteed for all first-year students if reserved by the May 1 deadline. Students are not required to live on campus.
The University of the Arts is an Urban Campus located in Center City Philadelphia on the Avenue of the Arts.
Meal Plans for students not living on campus range from $1,700 to $3,900/year.
• LAPTOP PROGRAM: All students are required to participate in our Apple laptop program, please visit our website for details.
• MERIT SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants are automatically considered for Merit Scholarship, which is based on academic history and talent. The priority deadline for scholarship consideration for fall admission is March 15.
• FINANCIAL AID: Need-based financial aid is available by filing the FAFSA (priority deadline March 1st). The UArts Title IV Code is 003350. The FAFSA is available at: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.
• FACULTY: 9:1 student to faculty ratio. All faculty are required to maintain an active career in their field.
• POPULATION: Undergraduate population is approximately 2,000 full-time students in 25 academic programs. Average class size is 14 students.
• LIBERAL ARTS: Liberal Arts accounts for approximately 1/3 of the credit curriculum.
• DEGREES OFFERED: bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts, Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Fine Arts, Master of Industrial Design, Master of Music.
• ACCREDITATION: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, National Association of the Schools of Art and Design, Industrial Designers’ Society of America and the National Association of Schools of Music.